I’ve been tagged a few times on Instagram to share 10 things about me. For some reason, I never really got around to doing it and then last night I felt compelled to share some. When I began writing things like I love Reese peanut butter cups, and I always squint because I never wear my glasses something about it felt so surface. So I decided to write some things about me that go a bit beyond my favorite color, and places I love to shop. I decided to share some things about how I feel on the inside!
10 things about me
1. I think about the legacy I want to leave behind. I’ve been thinking about death, and grief and how precious our time is here on earth more often than I did when I was younger.
In fact, every time I go for a run I choke up with emotion thinking about how short life really is.
2. I haven’t weighed myself in more than 4 years. I refuse to step on a scale because a scale will not be able to measure anything about who I truly am.
3. I can feel people’s emotions and energy. When I notice another person feels uncomfortable for some reason I take immediate action to try and help the person feel more at ease, especially in a social situation.
4. I still have a hard time saying no but I’m becoming more aware of situations when I’m saying “yes” to people, please. This has helped me say no with courage and grace in other situations.
5. Some days I believe I’m fully capable of achieving my dreams and other days I eat a big ass bag of chips to myself, compare myself to other people I think are more successful and self-loathe. I guess life really is all about balance!
6. I started my blog because I love to write and I wanted to inspire people to live a life that feels good within because I suffered so much as a child/adolescent feeling like I wasn’t enough.
What I realize now is this wasn’t for you at all. It was for me. It’s been a huge part of my personal growth journey and if you’ve stuck around this long, thank you.
7. I still care what others think at times. I’m getting a lot better and will post videos without makeup and show our real life moments but I still get, “we were just making processed food for our kids and people are going to judge us” thoughts but then I think, “even if I was eating something healthy someone is going to judge me” so I post the videos on my Instagram stories and get on with my day.
8.I used to feel so “sharp” but lately, my short term memory is so terrible. I fear I may suffer from early on set Alzheimer’s. Maybe I shouldn’t have read the book, Still Alice. After I watched that movie I sobbed for half an hour and then asked my husband to play our home videos of the kids when they were younger. I never want to forget the memories we’ve made together.
9. When I think about how selfless my husband is I always end up in tears.
10. Personal connections are my favorite because real life is just so much better.