Yesterday I wrote a blog post and somehow I lost it. I won’t go into details about how I accidentally deleted the entire post, but I will explain to you the emotions and self-talk that came flowing to me afterwards.
- Shock/denial– Oh no, did I really just lose the entire post? Wait, maybe I can save it somehow?
- Irritation/Anger-The entire post is gone. It’s gone! All that time spent, GONE!!!
- Negativity / Regret- Negative self talk takes over. What’s the point in all of this? Why do I waste my time . Why am I so, yup the word vomit… Stupid!!! Why didn’t I just attend computer class in high school instead of skipping class!!?!! WHY?!!!!!!!*twenty minutes later*
- Calmness – calming down, coming back to senses, start to let go of the negative self-talk.
- Acceptance – It’s gone, what’s done is done. I’m sure this has happened before to another blogger out there. They probably didn’t quit blogging, and neither should I.
- Gratitude – Feeling fortunate to be able to stay home with my daughters, and spend some time blogging. Some bloggers work full-time jobs and have multiple children. Losing an hour of writing, isn’t the end of the world.
- Spirited – Inner voice says, perhaps itwas meant to be lost. Now you get a chance to do it again, this time better.It’s quite interesting to read the emotions that I went through. Myinitial emotions consisted of denial, anger, and irritation. Overall, they were negative. However, it was my positive self-talk that changed my attitude. The things we tell ourselves either lift us up, or tear us down!The emotions that I felt in this situation, were natural. How I chose to deal with the emotions and my positive self-talk made all the difference.
We all feel like throwing in the towel, and giving up when situations are tough. If we quit in these moments, then self-improvement would be non-existent. The mistakes we make, the challenges we face and all the tough stuff, are tests. And if we fail the tests, the wonderful thing about life is that we can re-do them and the next time, hopefully, do better.
Life lesson for me in this, be gentle with myself. I’m only human. 💛💛💛